Saturday, May 30, 2009

#149

I have always had a problem with slugs. Only animal in the world I can't stand. With Yeti, however, it is leeches. This has been something of a wet year, and I guess in a strange tribute to global warming (brrrr, yeah right) the leeches have been moving south. We have always had ticks here. Now we have leeches too. I have to check the kids really carefully at bath time - not to mention myself as well...



Wombat and I went for a walk during a break in the rain and spotted this huge fellow down near the little dam. It's the biggest leech I've ever seen! As soon as it scented our warmth and blood, it started nosing around over the rocks trying to find us.



Bleurgh. Wombat thought it was pretty, and it was, in a disgusting sort of way, quite fascinating. Yeti won't look at its picture though :P

2 comments:

Steff said...

ewe icky so much worse than slugs

Myth said...

I know! Kind of like slugs with teeth!!!