Wednesday, March 25, 2009

#84



To redeem myself after the birthday cake fiasco - here is something I did put a lot of effort into. Three cute snails, with crocheted shells!

The snail-racing mat isn't finished yet as I rarely get the chance to use my sewing machine and when I tried to do it in a hurry, it went all snarly on me (needs a good clean and oil).

Instead, the snails are perching here on another birthday present which I put a lot of research into: Georello GearTech. Wombat enjoys turning the handle and watching everything move but finds it frustrating to put together (my job lol). I am hoping we will spend more time creating our own designs together - but we shall have to corral Munchkin first as he keeps trying to eat the pieces. I love the fact that it is completely made in Italy, and can be expanded over time. I really REALLY would have liked to get him the Gears! Gears! Gears! Movin' Monkeys set - he would have found that SO much more fun & played with it non-stop, but I couldn't find a stockist in Australia and shipping from the US was way over my budget.

1 comment: